Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Calm Composure

Please tell me this is taken out of context:
“One doesn’t want to be accused of inhuman callousness; but I am willing to confess, and believe I speak for a lot of [Americans] that the spectacle of Middle Eastern Muslims slaughtering each other is one that I find I can contemplate with calm composure.” — National Review’s John Derbyshire.
Or, my Lord, this one:
I think any war could be won by BTBTTSA(Bomb Them Back to the Stone Age). At this point in history, the American people would not tolerate a BTBTTSA strategy; but we tolerated it in the past, and might again in the future. Why does Rich scoff at THWTHs for the “instinctive favor” we display towards BTBTTSA? It is, as Japan and Germany showed, a most efficacious war-fighting strategy, surely deserving the favor of anyone who thinks seriously about war.
Words like "bomb them back to the Stone Age" are cute, action-figure code words for "slaughter."

These are people claiming to know what's best for foreign policy, I kid you not.

Thanks to Think Progress for pointing out John Derbyshire's monstrous foreign policy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home