Thursday, November 10, 2005

All Grown Up

Today's mile time on treadmill: 00:6:55
Song on the brain: Fix You, by Coldplay

I think sometime in the last week I turned into a grownup. Something feels...different. I walk down the hall differently. I don't care what people think. I don't worry about being fired because I'm confident in my work. I just feel...good.

Some of it may have to do with working out daily and having that time to focus, and to not focus on all the rambling things that fly through your head every day. I read a great article in Men's Health Best Life (not on their website) a guy wrote about what goes through his head in the gym, and how it's his lab where he remakes himself. He nails it on the head. It was by Mark Leyner.

Having a great home life has a lot to do with it too. When you get it right with someone you love, it shifts the focus totally off work, off social settings, every small thing you think your life is about. It's wonderful. She's wonderful.

I have a great marriage. I save for retirement. I work out 6 days a week and may be in the best shape of my life. I have a job in the field I love.

I feel like a steely-eyed missile man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home