Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Mary J. Blige Says God Wants Her Hot and Blingy

From MSNBC.com:
“My God is a God who wants me to have things,” the singer tells May’s Blender magazine. “He wants me to bling. He wants me to be the hottest thing on the block. I don’t know what kind of God the rest of y’all are serving, but the God I serve says, ‘Mary, you need to be the hottest thing this year, and I’m gonna make sure you’re doing that’.”
Just so her rhetorical sort-of question doesn't go unanswered, here's the kind of God I serve:
Luke 18:22: Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.
Bling, hotness, not so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home