Monday, November 21, 2005

It's Never Too Late to Trash Pat Robertson

I know, I know, I'm late on this, but I just couldn't let this go without saying something on the blog about it:
Pat Robertson, after Pennsylvania voters replaced school board members who voted to put Intelligent Design on the science curriculum: "I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover, if there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God — you just rejected Him from your city. And don't wonder why He hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for His help because he might not be there."
Yeah, uh, Pat, because that's obviously how the Good Lord behaves, in oh, say, the parable of the prodigal son, or in the action of sending his Son to die for a world that repeatedly turns its back on Him. STOP WITH THE FEAR-MONGERING. You can't scare people into being your version of a Christian Taliban.

I'm shocked he didn't call for the assasination of the Mayor of Dover

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home